Saturday, December 27, 2008

St. Lazarus Catholic Medals Charm Bracelet






Lazarus is the poor man at the gate of the rich man in Christ's parable related in Luke. (Luke 16:19-31)
The Order of Saint Lazarus was founded in the 12th Century to provide nursing for lepers, taking Lazarus as its patron. The knights of the order were lepers, and besides helping their fellow sufferers, they carried out military duties. They founded a hospital for lepers near the northern wall of Jerusalem.
I created this bracelet in honor of St. Lazarus. This brings back a lot of memories of growing up with St. Lazarus image. My mother was devout to St. Lazarus and and therefore he is very close to my heart.
I added a beautiful vintage mother of pearl medal, made in West Germany, of St. Lazarus. I added color italian Catholic medals of Miraculous Medal, St. Padre Pio, Divine Mercy, Sacred Heart of Jesus, Immaculate Heart of Mary. I surrounded them with beautiful golden, magenta nd rose glass pearls.

No comments: