Friday, February 25, 2011

Catholic Statues

Since I was a child I remember loving having to attend Church. There was a specific Church I loved attending, it was a very old Mission style Church that gave me so much comfort attending even if there was no mass.

I loved just looking at the statues that would bring me comfort, it would feel so Holy, a sanctuary for me.

Today I still love to admire and just gaze at the beautiful statues in Churches or any where I may see them. If brings those emotions back, the Holiness and feeling Their love, specially if they are antique or maybe someone owning one that belonged to a Church or monastery. I feel those statues remained with the spirituality of so many prayers and love and devotion that they still are able to transmit that even throughout age.

I love as well the statues decorated with beautiful gold embellishments and adornments like in Spain and South America. Each item is handcrafted and placed with so much love and devotion.

I feel blessed to have met a wonderful seller on Etsy that she sells some wonderful beautiful antique statues that I could just gaze even thru my monitor.

Her store is MoxieAntiques http://www.etsy.com/shop/MoxieAntiques She has an amazing collection of Antique statues of Our Blessed Mother and St. Therese.

Hope you love them and enjoy them as much as I do.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

HA!! I have been looking at her statues as well!! We are on the same page again - and really on the same page!! I love old statues too that is probably why my home is filling up with them.

moXieantiques said...

Thanks ladies... pls drop on by anytime ....
and pls spread the word ...... love having you around... I am adding items slowly but surely... and yes more treasures on the way.... so pls check back in and remember to add moXieantiques to your favorites... and do consider us as a choice for your special occasion gift or collecting needs.... all statues are unique vintage or antique... only one available. Blessings...

Just added one more lovely statue today....
http://www.etsy.com/listing/68895539/taupe-old-world-european-antique-derose