Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Garden of Gethsemane in Tucson, Arizona







Over a week ago, I had the opportunity to visit once again this beautiful garden here in Tucson with my daughter-in-law.
I find this garden to be a beautiful place to meditate and be in awe with all the detail of the statues built.

The artist, Felix Lucero, in World War I, he lay critically wounded on a forgotten battlefield, he vowed to God and himself if he survived he would dedicated the rest of his life sculpting religious statues and began his work in 1945 and these statues have survived time.

There are some damages but minimal and Jesus' feet on the cross came apart, and is work in process, but the serenity there is priceless.

I am impressed of the detail of the facial features of the statues, is like looking at real human beings.

If you ever visit Tucson, AZ, make sure to visit this wonderful landmark.

Garden of Gethsemane

Address:
602 W. Congress St., Tucson, AZ
This is my beautiful granddaughter, Amaya, she loves to take pictures

No comments: