Tuesday, October 7, 2008

St. Therese Charm Bracelet














Patronage AIDS sufferers; air crews; aircraft pilots; , ; florists; flower growers; foreign missions; illness; missionaries; parish missions; sick people; sickness

Thérèse de Lisieux or Sainte Thérèse de l'Enfant-Jésus et de la Sainte Face, St. Thérèse of the Child Jesus born Marie-Françoise-Thérèse Martin, was a Roman Catholic Carmelite nun who was canonized a Saint and is recognized as a Doctor of the Church one of only three women to receive that honor. She is also known as The Little Flower of Jesus


Thérèse is known for her "Little Way." In her quest for sanctity, she realized that it was not necessary to accomplish heroic acts, or "great deeds", in order to attain holiness and to express her love of God. She wrote,
"Love proves itself by deeds, so how am I to show my love? Great deeds are forbidden me. The only way I can prove my love is by scattering flowers and these flowers are every little sacrifice, every glance and word, and the doing of the least actions for love."

In honor to her love of flowers I added flowers to this bracelet in her honor. I added a beautiful color medal with her image as well as a relic medal. I made this bracelet look like a garland of flowers with glass and lucite leaves as well.

No comments: