Saturday, October 18, 2008

St. Francis of Assisi Charm Bracelet



St. Francis of Assisi, lover of all creation, champion of justice, Patron Saint of animals and the environment, founded the Franciscan Order.
St. Francis of Assisi experienced all of God's creation as sacred. He saw God in "Brother Sun" and "Sister Moon." He preached to the birds and animals.
I had an experience with St. Francis that I will never forget.
Approx. 4 yrs. ago, my beloved chow was diagnosed with brain cancer, and if you are a dog lover and owner, you well know that they are so loyal and loving that even close to death they refuse to let go so many times we have to make that tough decision.
His illness got worse to the point that part of his head was caving in and it was difficult for me to let go, but I just could not cope with seeing him that way either, his vet stated that there is nothing to be done except give him love and comfort, he wasn't eating either.
One morning I decided to go pray at an old mission close to where I live and I just prayed for God to take my dog's suffering and if that meant to take him, I was willing to let him go. I went to the local gift shop and purchase a St. Francis of Assisi's medal and prayer card.
When I got home and was walking on my hallway, one of my sons told me that behind me there was an apparition of a man with a robe like a monk with his hands in prayer position and a white glow around him walking behind me and just went straight to our dog and was praying and was petting him. I showed him the St. Francis of Assisi prayer card to my son and he confirmed it that he was the one walking behind me and was with our dog.
I prayed to God if He was allowing St. Francis to care for my dog or take him I will accept it. That night I had a dream that I had gone to this beautiful place and there was a large building that looked like an old monastery and there were a lot of people dressed with robes and had many, many animals including birds.

I was greeted at the gate and was introduced to St. Francis and was told the I must leave my dog with them and they will take care of him until he heals and will let me know when he was ready to return. Everyone, including the animals looked so happy.
Well, the next day, with my heart broken, I had to make the decision to let go of my friend. We took him to the vet. I'm sure many of you know the pain and void it feels loosing such a friend and sometimes more of a friend, like a family member.
I wanted to share this for those missing their friends and to let them know that they are in a great place being taken care of and we will see them again.
As time passed, I kept missing him so much, but knowing he was in a great place being taken care of that gave me comfort. I just prayed to God that one day He would allow me to have another great friend like him.
Deep down inside I believed what St. Francis had told me in my dream that he will return to me and he will let me know.
More time passed and one night I felt a beautiful presence come in to my room and told me with a beautiful soft voice that my "bear" ,that was his name, was ready to return and then he left.
I was so confused because I didn't know what to do, or what to think if I needed to search for him or what. I didn't look for him. I figured if God is going to give him back to me, He will send it to me.
One day my sister-in-law called me so excited telling me that I wasn't going to believe this but her neighbor gave her a mix, German Sheppard with Chow and it looks a lot like my "bear". I knew that all chows look alike so I didn't get too excited thinking it may not be the same.
When I got to her house, we, my kids and myself, could not believe it. As we were driving towards her house, here comes running towards our car this beautiful chow, so excited to see us like he knew us. When we got out of the car, he was just kissing everyone. We took him home and up to this date he does things my old dog used to do and not chow traits, things either my husband or I thought him that has been unbelievable.
I wanted to share this story for those missing their friends, that there is hope that you will see them once again here on earth and if not, they are well taken care of.

No comments: