Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Catholic Virgin Mary OL Lourdes Cameo, Saints Religious Medals Charm Bracelet

 Our Lady of Lourdes: France, 1858

Our Lady appeared to 14 year old Bernadette Soubirous in Lourdes, France, 18 times from February through July, 1858. During the apparitions she told Bernadette to dig a hole which later in the day produced a stream of water, bringing about thousands of spiritual and physical cures even to this day. Mary pleaded for "Penitence! Penitence! Penitence!" and urged us to "Pray to God for sinners". She called herself the "Immaculate Conception"



This bracelet came as inspiration after having a dream days before that I found myself in a cave, which is not the first time I have dreams of caves and Our Blessed Mother is there.  In one instance She was surrounded by Rosaries and other time surrounded by clear crystals and this time the She was surrounded by what appeared to be moonstone the stones had a beautiful cloudy finish but shiny.  She was standing with Her hands folded in prayer and when She opened them, gold was emanating from Her chest, it looked like real liquid gold on Her, She was just so beautiful and when I tried to look at Her, I could not help to bow down in reverence and also Her presence is so Glorious that are times I feel so humbled that She would come to me in my dreams.  I felt so much love and tenderness and Her smile was so inviting that I wish I could have spent more time in Her presence.  

This is an antique style cuff bracelet using a stunning cameo of Our Lady of Lourdes surrounded by Czech. rhinestones and set on vintage lace and adorned with vintage and new embellishments including rhinestones.

Medals used are brass and copper of St. Benedict, Our Lady of Fatima and Our Lady of Miraculous Medal

2 comments:

Leigh said...

You already know how much I love the story of Lourdes! Beautiful work as always!

Angelos said...

Thank you Leigh for your support