Saturday, June 26, 2010

Whimsical St.Francis of Assisi Religious Medal Bracelet

St. Francis of Assisi, lover of all creation, champion of justice, Patron Saint of animals and the environment, founded the Franciscan Order.

St. Francis of Assisi experienced all of God's creation as sacred. He saw God in "Brother Sun" and "Sister Moon." He preached to the birds and animals.

For a sick animal:

Heavenly Father,
you created all things for your glory
and made us stewards of this creature.
If it is your will, restore it to health and strength.
Blessed are you, Lord God,
and holy is your name for ever and ever.
Amen

I created this bracelet honoring St. Francis of Assisi and one of God's wonderful creations in a whimsical way. I love the painting of the cat and all the other whimsical beads that I found to create. Some of the charms and beads were given to me by a special lady to continue creating my jewelry. She is a blessing.

My first experience with St. Francis of Assisi was approx. 3 yrs. ago when my dog was diagnosed with cancer. I went to St. Xavier Mission, 20 minutes away from where I live in Tucson, this Mission is in the Tohono O'odham reservation. I feel so much peace and very spiritual divine presences, specially St. Francis, you see dogs inside the Church looking for shelter and I know St. Francis visits often.

My experience was after I visited the Mission, I had prayed to God to please help me heal my dog or just take him home. When I got home, one of my sons told me that there was a white light that resembled a man with a hood with his hands in praying walking behind me and went towards our dog, I was just amazed. I showed my son a St. Francis picture and stated it resembles the image he saw.

That night I had a dream that I went to this wonderful, very peaceful place and met St. Francis, he was with many other monks and people taking care of all kinds of animals, including birds. He told me to leave my dog on the table and that they will care for him and will bring it back to me when he was ready. The place was so wonderful, it looked like a monastery.

Next day, it was the most difficult decision I had to make, I had to let go of my dog and asked St. Francis to care for him.

Approx. 1 year later after that dream, I was getting ready to go to bed one night and I saw this tall man, very pleasant, which I believe was an angel, walking towards me and told me in a very soft voice that my "oso" my dog was ready to return. I just could not believe it and was overwhelmed.

Several months later I received a call from my sister-in-law screaming of excitement that her neighbor had given her a puppy and she stated that I would not believe it but looks exactly like the dog I had. I had chills all over my body to say the least and with all my excitement my kids and I drove to her house to see this puppy and to our surprise, he did look a lot like my dog and he acted like he knew us, just ran towards our car so excited and wanted to get in the car and as soon as I got out of the car, he was just licking my face so excited. Tears rolled down my eyes and I still have this wonderful dog and he did so many things my other dog did, things we had taught him or how he used to cuddle under my feet when I was watching tv.

I thank God and St. Francis for taking care of my dog. Before this experience I didn't believe dogs can come back from heaven after they passed, but this experience made me a believer. He was so special for me, specially because he was my joy when my mother was diagnosed with cancer and I had to care for her at home, this dog kept me in good spirits.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lety, thank you so much for sharing this beautiful set of incidents in your life. I am so glad for you!