Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Virgin Mary "Our Lady of Sorrows" Catholic Bracelet

PRAYER TO OUR LADY OF SORROWS
Immaculate Mother of God,
who didst endure a martyrdom of love and grief,
beholding the sufferings and sorrows of Jesus!
Thou didst co-operate in the benefit of my redemption
by thy innumerable afflictions
and by offering to the Eternal Father His only-begotten Son
as a holocaust and victim of propitiation for my sins.
I thank thee for the unspeakable love
which led thee to deprive thyself of the Fruit of thy womb,
Jesus, true God and true Man,
to save me, a sinner.
Oh! make use of the unfailing intercession of thy sorrows
with the Father and the Son,
that I may steadfastly amend my life
and never again crucify my loving Redeemer by new sins;
arid that, persevering till death in His grace,
I may obtain eternal life through the merits of His Cross and Passion.
Amen.
(By St. Bridget)


I created this bracelet as a reminder of Our Blessed Mother's suffering and the tears she shed for love and sorrows of the crucifixion of Ouf Lord Jesus Christ. Love because, She loved him so much like She loves us and sorrow to see Him suffer the way He suffered.

I added teardrop beads to represent her sorrow and quartz hearts to represent her love. I also added angels, one decade rosary attached and other Catholic medals including St. Theresa, St. Michael, St. Anthony and others.


No comments: