Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Our Lady of Miraculous Medal Vintage Mother of Pearl Medal Charm Bracelet


"The Blessed Virgin was standing on a globe, and her face was beautiful beyond words. Her fingers were covered with precious jewels whose light dazzled me. And I heard: 'Behold the symbol of the graces I shed upon those who ask for them!' Then an oval frame formed around the Blessed Virgin and I read in letters of gold: 'O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee.' The vision reversed and I beheld the letter 'M' surmounted by a cross, at the foot of the cross, a bar, and below all, the Heart of Jesus crowned with thorns, and the Heart of Mary pierced with a sword. A voice said to me, 'Have a medal struck after this model. Persons who wear it will receive great graces, especially if they wear it around the neck.' "Sister (now Saint) Catherine Labour".
THE RAYS BEING DISPERSED BY OUR LADY OF THE MIRACULOUS MEDAL CAME FROM THE GEMSTONES ON HER FINGERS

I was inspired to create a bracelet of Our Lady of Miraculous Medal surrounded by gemstones and flowers- I chose the rose because The rose is regarded as the "queen of flowers", and often symbolizes Mary, the Queen of Heaven. Also an almost universal symbol of perfect love, its color, perfection of form, and fragrance, as well as its thorns signifies Mary's role in salvation history as the Mother of God the Savior who was crowned with thorns and shed His blood on the Cross for love of mankind. The rose, arising from a thorny bush, also signifies Mary, the Mystical Rose


I used a beautiful vintage mother of pearl medal of Our Lady of Miraculous Medal surrounded by roses and Peruvian pink opal gemstones and Czech. Glass beads.

No comments: