Monday, March 2, 2009

Our Lady of Sorrows Charm Bracelet


I compassionate thee, O most sorrowful Mother! Thy heart was pierced with a sword of grief when Simeon foretold to thee in the Temple the ignominious death and the desolation of thy Divine and most dear Son, which thou west destined one day to witness. By the great anguish of thy suffering heart, O gracious Queen of the universe, impress upon my mind, in life and in death, the sacred Passion of Jesus and shine own sorrows.Amen. By Saint Alphonsus Maria de Liguori.

On this bracelet I wanted to create a boldness and emphasize on Our Lady's mourning and sorrow after Our Lord's death.
I used a well detailed resin cameo of Our Blessed Mother of Sorrows. I also used a beautiful 3D medal of Jesus Christ with crown of thorns, a 14K gold layered medal of St. Michael, vintage medal of Our Lady of Lourdes and Miraculous Medal.
I attached a one decade Rosary bracelet using vintage glass pearls. I also added milky white teardrop-shape glass beads representing Our Lady's tears.

No comments: