Sunday, April 25, 2010

(Patronage: Desperate situations; forgotten causes; hospitals, hospital workers; impossible causes)
Prayer to Saint Jude Thaddeus
Glorious Saint Jude, with faith in your goodness I ask your help today. As one of Christ's chosen Apostles, you are a pillar and foundation of His Church on earth. You are among the elders who stand always before God's throne. Brother Jude, you are renowned for your kinship with Christ and your physical resemblance to our Savior. Help me remain close to Christ and resemble Him in my outlook and actions. Holy Apostle, you are venerated for your work of preaching the gospel and your faithfulness to Christ by a martyr's death. Assist me to preach the good news of Christ by word and example, and remain steadfast in His service as you were. From your place of glory, do not forget the needs and difficulties of Christ's little ones like me, still struggling on the way home to God. Pray for me that I may receive the consolation and help of heaven in my necessities, tribulations and sufferings, particularly (name special problem) and that I may praise God with you and all the elect forever. Intercede for us all, gracious, brother Saint Jude, and pray for us to the Lord our God in our daily toil and our necessities.
Amen.

I still remember so well my first experience with St. Jude. After I had a dream that I must work with medals four years ago, it was like a week after that that I experience someone coming in to my room, all I could see was an outline of an older large man wearing a cloak and in a very polite and soft voice, bowing his head, he introduced himself as St. Jude and was grateful for making a bracelet in his honor.

I was in awe, like I get all of the time when I have a wonderful spiritual experience. Most of the time I also get teary eyed and don't know what to respond. But he left immediately, I can never forget that experience and continues to be one of my inspirations to continue making my creations.

On this particular bracelet, I added a unique relic medal and other Catholic medals include Archangel St. Gabriel, St. Benedict, Divine Child, Our Lady of Sorrows with St. Peregrine, St. Francis of Assisi with St. Anthony and Our Lady of Fatima.

I also included very unique angel beads made of glass. I added larger green glass lampwork beads and colorful glass beads and peach color pearls to give it a vibrant look.



No comments: