Saturday, November 15, 2008

Our Lady of Lourdes Charm Bracelet



Our Lady of Lourdes: France, 1858
Our Lady appeared to 14 year old Bernadette Soubirous in Lourdes, France, 18 times from February through July, 1858. During the apparitions she told Bernadette to dig a hole which later in the day produced a stream of water, bringing about thousands of spiritual and physical cures even to this day. Mary pleaded for "penitence! Penitence! Penitence!" and urged us to "Pray to God for sinners". She called herself the "Immaculate Conception".

HOLY WATER OF OUR LADY OF LOURDES
O ever Immaculate Virgin, mother of mercy, health of the sick, refuge of sinners, comforter of the afflicted, you know my needs, my troubles, my sufferings, cast me a look of pity. By appearing in the Grotto of Lourdes, you were pleased to make it a priviledged sanctuary, whence you dispense your favours, and already many sufferers have obtained the cure of their infirmities, both spiritual and corporal, I come, therefore, with the most unbounded confidence & implore your maternal intercession.
On This bracelet I wanted to create one representing the purity of Our Lady using white pearls and white aurora borealis crystals and blue crystals representing the Holy Water of Lourdes. I added some vintage Catholic medals and a beautiful large medal of Our Lady in the Grotto.

No comments: