Monday, July 19, 2010

Virgin Mary OL Guadalupe, Saints Religious Bracelet

In 1531 a "Lady from Heaven" appeared to a poor Indian at Tepeyac, a hill northwest of Mexico City; she identified herself as the Mother of the True God, instructed him to have the bishop build a temple on the site and left an image of herself imprinted miraculously on his tilma, a poor quality cactus-cloth, which should have deteriorated in 20 years but shows no sign of decay 474 years later and still defies all scientific explanations of its origin.

Today I was inspired to create another bracelet for Our Humble Lady of Guadalupe. I used red roses as The Rose being representative of Mary

The rose is regarded as the "queen of flowers", and often symbolizes Mary, the Queen of Heaven. Also an almost universal symbol of perfect love, its color, perfection of form, and fragrance, as well as its thorns signifies Mary's role in salvation history as the Mother of God the Savior who was crowned with thorns and shed His blood on the Cross for love of mankind. The rose, arising from a thorny bush, also signifies Mary, the Mystical Rose, "our fallen Nature's solitary boast", who alone of the human race was conceived without sin. It also may contain a parallel with the fiery thorn bush from which God spoke to Moses: Mary, immaculately conceived, was the means through which God became Man, The Word made flesh.)

I used red coral beads, natural jade gemstones and turquoise howlite beads. Catholic medals include Jesus as "The Good Shepherd", St. Michael, St. Jude, St. Dominic with Queen of Most Holy Rosary, St. Michael, St. Theresa and St. John of God.

I love this combination of stones for Our Lady of Guadalupe, it just brings back memories of a dream I had where She appeared wearing those colors and immediately I knew it was Our Lady of Guadalupe, but with different mantle with those colors and told me "I'm the same and don't tell anyone that I'm here and I look different, I want them to feel I'm here"

That is why I just love these colors.


No comments: