Saturday, July 12, 2008

St. Therese Relic Bracelet


Patronage AIDS sufferers; air crews; aircraft pilots; , ; florists; flower growers; foreign missions; illness; missionaries; parish missions; sick people; sickness;

Carmelite of Lisieux, better known as the Little Flower of Jesus, born at Alençon, France, 2 January, 1873; died at Lisieux 30 September, 1897.

St. Thérèse In her quest for sanctity, she realized that it was not necessary to accomplish heroic acts, or "great deeds", in order to attain holiness and to express her love of God. She wrote,
"Love proves itself by deeds, so how am I to show my love? Great deeds are forbidden me. The only way I can prove my love is by scattering flowers and these flowers are every little sacrifice, every glance and word, and the doing of the least actions for love."

On this bracelet, I was inspired to add flowers to make honor to her title as "Little Flower of Jesus" I also added a small copper cameo of St. There's picture. I included other Catholic Medals surrounded by flowers and glass leaves.

No comments: